Keep the Holidays De-Lightful with Electrical Maintenance
It’s hard to believe, but the holiday season is fast approaching. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, and the Yuletide season is right around the corner. Once the holidays arrive, family and friends often follow, which is why it’s important to ensure your home’s electrical system is ready to work overtime.
In this article, we’ll share some tips that can help you conserve energy over the holiday season, and we’ll explain how Ables, Inc. can help you with your home’s electricity needs, including maintenance, outdoor lighting, and dimmer switches. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Tips for Saving Energy Over the Holidays
The holidays can be the most wonderful time of the year – and the most expensive. Here are a few tips on how to save energy, which could help you save money on your utility bills, too.
- Consider a thermostat upgrade. If you have an older model of thermostat in your home, you might want to switch to a more modern programmable thermostat. Updating your thermostat can help you save up to 15% on your home energy costs.
- Choose LED holiday lighting. Everyone likes the twinkling of holiday lights in their homes, but most homeowners don’t like the increased utility bills that often accompany them. LED holiday lights, however, are up to 90% more efficient than traditional incandescent holiday bulbs.
- Bake several holiday dishes at once. If you plan to do a lot of cooking and baking this holiday season, try to bake as many dishes as possible at once. Most of the time, items like pies and casseroles can be baked at the same time – helping you save energy in the kitchen (all while your home smells delicious!).
- Put holiday lights on a timer. It can be easy to forget to turn off the holiday lights when entertaining a house full of guests. If you use a timer for your lights, you can just simply set it and forget it!
- Be mindful when stocking your freezer and fridge. Your freezer and refrigerator will have to work harder when stocked with holiday food items. Set your refrigerator temperature at 35-38° F and your freezer temperature at 0° F. Allow hot dishes to cool before storing them in the fridge and cover them with lids or plastic wrap. And, try not to block air vents as that will force your fridge and freezer to run more often.
And, count on Ables, Inc. to help you get the electrical services you need.
At Ables, Inc., we’re pleased to help our customers get the electrical services they need so that they can save energy in their homes, during the holidays and all year long. By maintaining your electrical system, you can ensure that it’s operating safely, efficiently, and effectively. Ables, Inc. can help you get the residential electrical maintenance you need. We offer many electrical maintenance services, including:
- Infrared Thermography
- Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Power Quality Services
- Cable Insulation Testing
- Torque & Clean Services for Electrical Distribution
- Low, Medium & High Voltage
- Troubleshooting & Repair
Call us at (740) 453-6015 and we’ll be happy to schedule your electrical maintenance appointment and tell you about our other services that can help you save energy, no matter what the season.