Ductless AC Can Help You Stay Cool
Living in a home with baseboard or radiant heating likely means that there is no ductwork throughout the home. That may make you feel like you can only choose to cool your home in the summer with window air conditioning units. For some people, window AC is not preferable for a few reasons, including noise, obstruction of views, and inefficiencies, especially with older window air conditioning units.
If you don’t have ductwork in your home, you should know that you don’t have to resign yourself to window air conditioning units. More and more people who don’t have ductwork in their homes are choosing ductless air conditioning systems. Of course, if you haven’t heard of ductless, you might be wondering how it may be a good choice for your home. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of ductless air conditioning.
5 Reasons Why People Choose Ductless Cooling
Of course, all types of air conditioning systems provide homeowners with the benefit of cool comfort. But, ductless systems have some additional advantages that can make them the ideal choice for your home:
- There is no need for ductwork. As we mentioned above, ductless air conditioning systems don’t require ductwork, and that makes them a great options in homes with baseboard or radiant heat, or in an addition or converted space in the home that doesn’t have access to the duct system.
- Ductless installation has minimal construction needs. Ductless AC can easily be installed by your HVAC technician. There are two components to the unit – the outdoor compressor/condenser, and the indoor air handler, which is usually mounted high on a wall or in the ceiling. The two units are connected by a small-diameter conduit – so you’ll be able to enjoy cool comfort quickly with very little construction cleanup.
- You will save on your energy bills. If you have window air conditioning units installed in your home currently, you will very likely notice a decline in your energy usage if you switch to ductless cooling – the Forbes website, for instance, estimates that ductless uses up to 40 percent less energy to operate than a standard window unit.
- Ductless cooling is quieter and less obtrusive. Window air conditioning units can be noisy, and obviously because they’re placed in a window, they obstruct your view and make your window pretty much unusable. With ductless, you’ll enjoy quieter cooling – and you’ll still be able to look out your window because your system will be wall or ceiling mounted.
- Your ductless unit may also provide you with heating. Many ductless systems also can provide heating during the cooler months. So, if you have older baseboard heat, installing a ductless system in your home can replace it, and help you enjoy year-round comfort with just one system.
What can I do if I need a new air conditioning system?
Sometimes, over the course of troubleshooting an air conditioning system, it is discovered that the system is either beyond repair, or repairs will not be cost-effective. In these instances, your technician will explain to you why repairs aren’t feasible, and talk to you about your options. While nobody wants to think about the expense of a new AC system, the good news is, you could end up saving money in the long run.
If you have an air conditioning system that’s more than 10 years old, has gone out of warranty, and has needed frequent repairs, it’s likely that you’ll ultimately save money by replacing your system. Chances are, your old air conditioning system is not nearly as efficient as a newer model, and it may even use a refrigerant that’s not readily available and expensive to replace. If you need a new AC system, Ables, Inc. will help you find a system that meets your budget and your needs. Plus, financing is available for qualified buyers.
Can Ables, Inc. help me install ductless in my home?
At Ables, Inc., we’re pleased to provide our customers with complete air conditioning services, including ductless cooling installation. If you think ductless might be the right choice for your home, Zanesville residents give us a call at (740) 453-6015 and Cambridge please contact us at (740) 439-2186, and we will be more than happy to help you.